This is one area where we find a lot of confusion: what sorts of plates, bowls and dishes can be used in a microwave without harming them?
Most cookware or tableware these days will be marked as microwave safe; but beware of anything with a gold or silver coloured trim or patterning, these won’t damage the microwave but you can get some spectacular “fireworks” from the shiny trim (and damage the utensil too).
Here’s a link to a useful guide on how to tell is a utensil is microwave safe: http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com/food/cooking/dish.html
The Microwave Service Company is based in Sellindge, Kent and provides repairs to Domestic and Commercial Microwave Ovens.
Search our blog
- Should I be concerned about BPA ?
- Are your air vents blocked ?
- Daewoo commercial microwave oven spare parts now available
- Kitchenwareonline.com – easier to navigate
- Our Online Shop – Kitchenwareonline.com
- A built in microwave will almost definitely cheaper to repair than to replace
- How to replace the waveguide cover in your microwave oven
- Really low power microwaves
- Microwave Oven Power – Important Information for regular users
- 24 volt truck microwave oven repairs