In the short term the microwaves will not be able to escape from the oven so there is no immediate reason to panic. The only issue will be the unsightly look of the rusty area. In the very long term, when the metal rusts through and creates a hole then there may be an issue of microwave leakage, however the microwaves are only likely to be able to leak into the workings of the oven not into your kitchen. To prevent this, if your painted oven cavity is showing signs of rust, why not clean it up and touch it up with paint to slow down the deterioration. On our website at http://www.kitchenwareonline.com/acatalog/waveguide_cover_material.html we sell paint touch up kits which contain everything you need to tidy up rusty paintwork in your microwave. Available with either white or cream paint and also black paint for door frames is available separately.
The Microwave Service Company is based in Sellindge, Kent and provides repairs to Domestic and Commercial Microwave Ovens.
Search our blog
- Microwave Fudge – probably the easiest and tastiest recipe ever.
- Drivemate 24 volt microwave ovens and Power supply for trucks and HGVs now launched.
- How to change the light bulb (lamp) in your microwave oven.
- How to find the model number of your microwave oven
- Microwave cooked breakfast in a mug
- Using aluminium foil containers in the Microwave Oven
- Microwave oven recipes – coming soon
- 24 Volt Samsung Roadmate repair service
- Microwave Oven Power Levels
- New Lekue products on Kitchenwareonline.com