Filter messages on Samsung commercial microwave ovens.
We often get asked whether the “Filter” message that appears in the display on Samsung commercial microwave ovens indicates that the oven has a fault, and how it can be cleared.
The good news is that it doesn’t indicate a fault: it’s just a pre-programmed reminder message to remind you to clean the air filter.
Even better news is that you don’t need to call an engineer to remove the message.
Instructions for removing the “Filter” message.
- Press and hold the small circle pad under the letter “p” at the same time as pressing and holding the number 3 pad.
- After 2-3 seconds the oven will bleep and show a number, this is the number of hours set before the reminder appears.
- Enter a new number of hours you want before your next reminder using the keypad.
- Press and hold the circle pad and button 3 again until the oven bleeps once.
- Now press the “cancel” button (red triangle inside a red circle) to clear the display.
That’s your reminder message timer reset.
How do I clean the air filter on my Samsung microwave?
The air filter is located underneath the oven door, and is held in place by two screws with large grey plastic “heads”. It looks like a fine wire mesh an a metal frame.
Simply undo these screws, then wash (and scrub if need be) the air filter in hot soapy water and dry thoroughly. You can put the filters in your dishwasher if you want to, it won’t damage them in any way.
Now just refit the filter. Job done.
An important cleaning job.
It is important to keep these air filters clean, the microwave needs a constant supply of cool air to stop the components inside overheating, this air is sucked in through the filter, so if it gets blocked the oven can’t get enough air flowing through to keep it cool. This shortens the life of the components inside the microwave quite considerably.