There is a great deal of scaremongering going on just recently about the use of microwave ovens. Most of which is rubbish. One big issue seems to be that toxins are given off from the plastic cookware that is used in the microwave. I havent seen any definite confirmation of this other than a clever sales ploy by a microwave manufacturer a few years ago. To ensure that this cant happen, the simple solution is to use suitable cookware in your microwave. There is a lot of microwave specific cookware around (we sell a wide range on our online shop at www.kitchenwareonline.com). if the cookware is made for use in microwave ovens then it will be quite safe to do so. It is thought that some types of plastic such as margarine/butter containers and ice cream tubs may cause problems. Possibly. The manufacturers of these products don’t design them to be heated. I need to carry out some further research myself, but to be on the safe side please make sure that if you use plastic microwave cookware, please be sure that it is suitable for microwave use. It will be marked on the packaging to that effect.
The Microwave Service Company is based in Sellindge, Kent and provides repairs to Domestic and Commercial Microwave Ovens.
Search our blog
- Our Online Shop – Kitchenwareonline.com
- A built in microwave will almost definitely cheaper to repair than to replace
- How to replace the waveguide cover in your microwave oven
- Really low power microwaves
- Microwave Oven Power – Important Information for regular users
- 24 volt truck microwave oven repairs
- Heating plates in the microwave
- 24 Volt Power supply for trucks
- Paint peeling off inside the microwave ?
- Drivemate 24 Volt Microwave