I have added an extract from a report from Panasonic detailing the issues arising from using increasingly more powerful microwaves with only small amounts of food. The results of which can be damaging and expensive to rectify. Modern microwaves can output up to and even more than 1000 watts, 10 years ago this power would be considered commercial and yet the ovens are being used for heating very small amounts of food at a time. I would recommend that if you use the microwave to heat anything small either reduce the power or put a mug of water on the turntable to absorb some of the microwaves. It wont reduce the cooking time much. This is particularly relevant when heating products that don’t contain much moisture. Defrosting small amounts of frozen goods, melting chocolate and especially cooking popcorn, even in the bag.
The Microwave Service Company is based in Sellindge, Kent and provides repairs to Domestic and Commercial Microwave Ovens.
Search our blog
- Should I be concerned about BPA ?
- Are your air vents blocked ?
- Daewoo commercial microwave oven spare parts now available
- Kitchenwareonline.com – easier to navigate
- Our Online Shop – Kitchenwareonline.com
- A built in microwave will almost definitely cheaper to repair than to replace
- How to replace the waveguide cover in your microwave oven
- Really low power microwaves
- Microwave Oven Power – Important Information for regular users
- 24 volt truck microwave oven repairs