I have just reposted an interesting article from the Daily Mail asking the above question. Basically, there is a suggestion that harmful toxins could be released from plastics and absorbed by the food when heated in a microwave. Certainly the quality of the plastic containers that the food is supplied in does vary. As there is some research going already, to be sure that there is no harm the best solution currently would be to transfer food from its packaging to proper microwave containers. All of the microwave cookware we sell at www.kitchenwareonline.com is proper microwave cookware and is known to be safe for food use in a microwave oven. We will of course keep an eye on this and report any further findings.
The Microwave Service Company is based in Sellindge, Kent and provides repairs to Domestic and Commercial Microwave Ovens.
Search our blog
- Should I be concerned about BPA ?
- Are your air vents blocked ?
- Daewoo commercial microwave oven spare parts now available
- Kitchenwareonline.com – easier to navigate
- Our Online Shop – Kitchenwareonline.com
- A built in microwave will almost definitely cheaper to repair than to replace
- How to replace the waveguide cover in your microwave oven
- Really low power microwaves
- Microwave Oven Power – Important Information for regular users
- 24 volt truck microwave oven repairs