Note: In the interest of safety, please make sure your appliance is unplugged from the mains and that the area you are working in is safe. Also, please note the case has sharp edges, so be careful!
You will need a replacement lamp for your microwave. You can either order it by the make and model of your oven. click here to see if we do a specific lamp for your make
Before you start you need to know your model number
Changing the Lamp is an Moderate process.
Removal process for old Microwaves
The older models had a flap on the left hand side of the case. You simply unscrew this and remove the flap. Replace the bulb and then replace the flap and tighten the screw up.
Removal process for newer Microwaves
- Firstly, turn the machine around and you’ll notice screws all round the case, remove these. There may be some screws on the side of the case, remove these to.
- Pull the case towards you and remove. Depending on your model your lamp may be clearly visible on the left or right hand side. Many new models the bulb is quite well hidden. To find this either look for the base of the bulb or turn the microwave so its facing you, now look directly behind the control panel it will be there.
- Remove the screw holding the lamp in/lift up the metal tabs holding the lamp in.
- Remove the connector on the bulb
- Pull out the lamp.
(Some models you must replace the lamp/bulb as they come as a complete unit, others you can unscrew the bulb from the holder)
Fitting your new Lamp
- Place the new lamp in the hole
- Refit the screw/push down the metal tabs
- Re-attach the power connector
- Replace the case – You will need to slide the top in place, then the left hand side, then the right hand side. Replace all the screws and test your handy work out!
Stand back and admire your work!
The correct Lamp can be found on our website: