Melting chocolate in a microwave is very easy but you do have to be careful. I often hear csutomers report that the oven started sparking when they tried to melt chocolate in it. This is because the microwave oven needs moisture to absorb the microwaves. You probably already know that if you run the oven empty then it will spark, because there is nothing to absorb the microwaves. Well, if you think of the chocolate, until it starts to melt, it is solid, there is nothing initially to absorb the microwaves. Quite quickly the chocolate will warm and soften and then there is moisture and the chocolate melts quickly. To avoid this I always recommend that customers put a seperate small container of water in the microwave with the chocolate. Until the chocolate softens the microwaves will be absorbed by the water.
The Microwave Service Company is based in Sellindge, Kent and provides repairs to Domestic and Commercial Microwave Ovens.
Search our blog
- Should I be concerned about BPA ?
- Are your air vents blocked ?
- Daewoo commercial microwave oven spare parts now available
- Kitchenwareonline.com – easier to navigate
- Our Online Shop – Kitchenwareonline.com
- A built in microwave will almost definitely cheaper to repair than to replace
- How to replace the waveguide cover in your microwave oven
- Really low power microwaves
- Microwave Oven Power – Important Information for regular users
- 24 volt truck microwave oven repairs